Tim Smith PhD, CPsych
Founder / Psychologist
Dr. Smith is a registered clinical psychologist with over twenty years of experience delivering psychological services. He is a member of the Ontario College of Psychologists and the Ontario Psychological Association. Dr. Smith received a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Western University, followed by a Master of Arts degree and a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in clinical psychology from the University of Toronto.
Dr. Smith has worked in multiple settings. This includes school board, college, university, hospital and private practice settings. He has been a full time, tenure track assistant professor of clinical psychology at McGill University.
Dr. Smith is a firm believer in providing evidence-based services. In counselling he draws on a very practical approach that draws on cognitive-behavioural, mindfulness, solution oriented, narrative, and psychodynamic therapy.
He is the father of two adult sons and makes his home in Oro Medonte Ontario. Dr. Smith is of indigenous heritage and is a proud citizen of the Metis Nation of Ontario. He respects the traditional First Nation approaches to healing and wellness.
Why Choose Us?
- Our psychological assessments are practical, user friendly and designed to help you plan the best next steps
- Our therapists are highly trained in methods that focus on practical, solution-oriented, and empirically validated to bring about the change you desire
- We offer culturally informed services to indigenous people (First Nation, Metis and Inuit) and we know how to access funding
- Secure virtual counselling & in person appointments available
- Team is led by Dr. Tim Smith, over
20 years of experience
- A team approach allows us to find the best match for your needs!